The Brook bar & bistro is conveniently located onsite at Best Western Braeside Rotorua.
Surrounded by decks and overlooking the resort’s private trout stream, The Brook is perfect for all moods, occasions and seasons. Guests will enjoy alfresco dining and leisurely drinks on the decks in summer and are encouraged to cosy-up by the fireplace in winter.
Our core emphases are our commitment to great food, using fresh produce and great service every time. Our carefully designed menus are seasonally influenced to provide the optimum dining experience. Oh and while you are there, don’t forget to look out for our blackboard specials!
Opened daily for Dinner. In-room dining breakfast only available (must be pre-ordered the night before). Please see below, our current menu and do not hesitate to contact us for any enquiries.
The attached conference room is private and can be used for small conferences, or group dinners.
Garlic Ciabatta Bread $6.00
Pesto Ciabatta Bread
- warm ciabatta bread topped with basil pesto and tomato pesto $12
Spanish Bean and Chorizo Soup
- Hearty soup with haricot beans, lamb shank, tomato and chorizo sausage $12.50
Spiced Pork, Radish and Grapefruit Salad
- Crispy fried pork belly with radish, grapefruit and a citrus dressing $22
Roasted Cauliflower and Potato with Grilled Paneer
- served on a tomato, red lentil, coconut sauce with Indian bread $22
Beef Cheek and Ricotta Lasagne
- fresh lasagne sheets layered with braised beef cheek, tomato and ricotta cheese $24
Salmon fillet on Puy Lentil
- Salmon fillet served with puy lentil and fennel bulb with a horseradish sabayon butter $30
Morrocan Spiced Lamb Rump
– with barley, red onion and cranberry pilaf, quince relish $29
– grilled sirloin steak with miso butter, grilled mushroom, rocket parmesan salad and shoestring fries $30
Confit Duck leg
- Slow cooked in duck fat served with duck fat potato and witloof, pear and walnut salad $30
- with roasted kumara and beetroot, pickled pumpkin and red wine jus $35
Ginger Wine Poached Pears with Gingerbread
– served warm with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream $12
Chocolate Chestnut cake
– flourless cake of rich dark belgian chocolate and chestnut served with chestnut cream and brandied kumquat $12
– a scoop of affogato ice cream with an amaretto shot, espresso coffee and amaretti biscuits $12